Thursday, June 12, 2008

My favorite song


My favorite song takes the name of "I'm sorry", which appeared in Recreation Day album. This is the fourth released by the incredible and excellent swedish progressive/power metal band Evergrey. I guess you can say Evergrey it's not a popular band in the top music business, but that's not a reason to believe they are an awfull band. All you need to do is listen this song and you'll see what I mean. The intensity of Tom Englund in the vocal and the technique of the other members adds to this band a unique sensation when you listen to them.

About the song, it comes to be a part of the whole context of the disc, reffered to the idea of personal reformation. This song talks about the mourners after a funeral. Here are the lyrics:

I painted a picture of you,
your soul was red and your mind was blue.
Destiny laid a light on my creation.
This dream I had made a slave of my passion,
reality was always too far away.

And we were happy until it came too close one day.
Suddenly I faced the truth of my dream,
my love had only been a picture, a scene.
I suppose I needed to believe,
didn't want to see you had never been close to me.
But I'm sorry,
This illusion has caused you a lot of pain.
And I have no solution,
I'll try to never be back again.

I'm sorry
I'm sorry
I'm sorry
I'm sorry

I painted a picture of you.
My dream was a lie and the lie became truth.
Reality held his breath too long.
It's disgusting what dreams can do.

But I'm sorry,
this illusion has caused you a lot of pain.
And I have no solution,
I'll try to never be back again.
I'm sorry
I'm sorry
I'm sorry
I'm sorry

This song has a personal meaning: it was dedicated to a girl who's dead to me, although she never knew, and probably never will.

Farewell

1 comment:

negra999 said...

just a questions, is this part of the song or your own comment, if the latter, I can't get what you mean.